When I was doing my morning run yesterday, I was thinking about my kitchen and the menu for breakfast and lunch. To me any meal should have all the important components - carbs, proteins, veggies, fats. Since majjige dose, one of my earlier posts has become very popular I decided to post another easy dosa recipe, this time rice in combination with vegetables. I had yellow cucumber at home, so decided to go ahead with yellow cucumber dosa.
Making vegetable dosa is a great method or should I say trick to add veggies in the meal. I do it with my mom in law - she hates to have cucumber peel in her food - without knowledge she consumed yellow cucumber peel in her crepe today. !!
Do you find it difficult to feed veggies to your kids - try these dosas they not only relish this but crave for more I bet.
Here is how -
- Ease - very easy
- Preparation time - 10 minutes
- Cooking time - 30 - 40 minutes for 10 - 12 dosas
- Quantity - to make 10 - 12 dosas ( 10 inch dia)
- Raw rice - 250 gms
- Yellow cucumber - 1 medium sized
- Salt to taste
- Oil to drizzle on dosas
- Wash and soak rice with enough water overnight
- Wash and cut yellow cucumber into small pieces sfter removing the seeds
- Grind rice and cucumber together into a smooth paste
- Add water if required to get a flowing consistency dosa batter
- Add salt and keep aside for 15 minutes
- Heat a griddle , check for heat, grease with oil and start making dosas
- Serve dosas with ghee/butter/ chutney/gravy of your choice.
- I served dosas with curry leaves chutney powder and home set curd
- I have used organic brown rice and cucumber with the peel. If you desire, any raw white rice and peeled cucumber can also be used.
- If you want dosas to be soft , cook them covered.