SAMBAR SOUTHEKAYI DOSE/MAGEKAYI DOSE/DOSAKKAI DOSA/VELLARIKAI DOSAI/YELLOW CUCUMBER CREPE

When I was doing my morning run yesterday, I was thinking about my kitchen and the menu for breakfast and lunch. To me any meal should have all the important components - carbs, proteins, veggies, fats. Since majjige dose, one of my earlier posts has become very popular I decided to post another easy dosa recipe, this time rice in combination with vegetables.  I had yellow cucumber at home, so decided to go ahead with yellow cucumber dosa.

Making vegetable dosa is a great method or should I say trick  to add veggies in the meal. I do it with my mom in law - she hates to have cucumber peel in her food -  without knowledge she consumed yellow cucumber peel in her crepe today. !!

Do you find it difficult to feed veggies to your kids - try these dosas they not only relish this but crave for more I bet.

Here is how -
  • Ease - very easy
  • Preparation time - 10 minutes
  • Cooking time - 30 - 40  minutes for 10 - 12 dosas
  • Quantity - to make 10 - 12 dosas ( 10 inch dia)
Ingredients
  • Raw rice - 250 gms 
  • Yellow cucumber - 1 medium sized
  • Salt to taste
  • Oil to drizzle on dosas
Method 
  • Wash and soak rice with enough water overnight
  • Wash and cut yellow cucumber into small pieces sfter removing the seeds
  • Grind rice and cucumber together into a smooth paste
  • Add water if required to get a flowing consistency dosa batter
  • Add salt and keep aside for 15 minutes
  • Heat a griddle , check for heat, grease with oil and start making dosas
  • Serve dosas with ghee/butter/ chutney/gravy of your choice.
  • I served dosas with curry leaves chutney powder and home set curd




Notes
  • I have used organic brown rice and cucumber with the peel. If you desire, any raw white rice and peeled cucumber can also be used.
  • If you want dosas to be soft , cook them covered.

Comments