This dish is paired with lentil dish tovve and served with hot steamed rice.
- Ease - Easy
- Preparation time - 10 minutes
- Cooking time 15 minutes
- Ash gourd - 200 gms
- Green chillies - 3
- Cumin - 1/2 spoon
- Grated coconut - 1 cup
- Asafoetida - 1 pinch
- Curry leaves - 2 sprigs
- Coriander - 2 sprigs
- Mustard seeds - 1 seeds
- Oil - 1 spoon (use coconut oil or pea nut oil)
- Salt to taste
- Peel and remove the pulp of ash gourd and cut into pieces 1 inch X 1 inch x 1/4 inch.
- Cook Ash gourd with as minimum water as possible, add salt. and cook further till soft.
- Let the ash gourd cool down
- Prepare seasoning - Heat oil in a wok, add mustard after it crackles add curry leaves and chopped coriander.
- Grind coconut, cumin, asafoetida and green chillies to a very smooth paste.
- Mix curd, ash gourd pieces, ground masala throughly and add additional salt if required.
- Add seasoning and serve.
- Curd has to be gently whiped before adding to veggies
- Coconut paste has to be very smooth
- Add curd only after the cooked vegetable has cooled down