Had a very busy week and travel during the week end. Was not in a mood to go for veggie shopping. Had to plan a break fast with available stuff - keeping in mind the nutrition balance.
By now those who have seen posts about lentil crepes - bele dose /adai -know that this is one protein rich breakfast choice for vegans and vegetarians. So soaked the lentils, green gram, pigeon pea, black gram and chick pea lentils along with rice. Went to bed peace fully since the major task, I mean breakfast idea, was done. Morning had to just grind the soaked lentils and make the batter ready. Done.
Next it is a matching/complementary dip idea.
Assigned a few seconds of my me time ( my work out time) to conceive an idea. Idea appealed to me and was convenient in terms of efforts and availability of ingredients. Thus, a creamy, tasty, healthy aromatic nuts chutney with cucumber came into existence in my kitchen.
Let us check out if my claims are real
- Difficulty _ very easy
- Preparation time - 5 minutes
- Cooking time - 5 minutes
- Serves - For 8 dosas.
- Raisins- a handful
- Almonds -10 - 12
- Cashew - 6
- Green chili - 3Curry leaves - a sprig
- Cucumber - 1 medium sized, peeled
- Salt - to taste
- Cooking oil - 1 spoon
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 spoon
- Soak dry fruits for 30 mins
- Roast fenugreek seeds and saute chili with it with a little oil
- Place soaked fruits, pieces of cucumber and roasted fenugreek and chilli in a mixer/grinder and grind to a paste without adding water
- In a wok heat oil, add mustard , after it splutters and curry leaves and prepare a seasoning
- Add this seasoning to chutney
- Serve with the dosas