Sorry, sorry sorry for being away for so long. Was I lazy? preoccupied? had no mood to write or all rolled into one? Whatever may be the reason I have decided that I will post at least two per week. Done.
I want to come out of this inertia with a simple post - onion chutney. Tastes great with dosa, toast, poori and with steamed rice. Weight watchers and fitness freaks also must nod in agreement when I say this is one healthy option for a dip or spread. No coconut at home no problem, peanut fans love this for its nutty aroma, coriander for flavor and onion and ginger for the health benefits. Combine these in a particular sequence and style and voila onion ground nut chutney is ready to serve.
So lets get started.
- Difficulty - very easy
- Preparation time- 5 mins
- Cooking time - 7 minutes
- Onions - 2 large
- Ginger - 2 inches
- Green chilly - 4 - 5 (depending on potency)
- Roasted ground nut - 1/2 cup
- Coriander - 3 -4 sprigs
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - 1 spoon
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tea spoon for seasoning
- Chop onions and keep aside
- In a wok heat oil, add mustard after it splutters add curry leaves, remove from the wok and keep aside in a bowl in which you plan to keep chutney
- Add chopped onions, fry for 2 min, add ginger, coriander and chilly, fry for an other 2 minutes and close the fire
- Coarsely grind all the ingredients - roasted ground nuts, salt, fried ginger, onion, coriander
- Remove into the bowl having seasoning, mix well and serve.