Ottu shyavige /shyavige is a traditional south Indian rice preparation. This popular rice flour string hooper is bland and is served with salty, spicy or sweet side dishes. Ottu shyavige mixed with puliyogare gojju tastes heavenly with the nutty flavour of sesame seeds, tangy spicy sweet tastes of tamarind gojju with peanut seasoning.
Here is how to mix this elaborate puliyogare shyavige mix.
Preparation time and cooking time - 20 minutes
- Plain shyavige - 4 plates
- Puliyogare gojju - 2 spoons
- Rasam powder - 2 spoons
- Sesame seeds - 2 spoons
- fenugreek seeds - 1 spoon
- Cumin seeds - 1 spoon
- pepper corns - 1/2 spoon
- Dessicated coconut grated - 1/2 cup
- Salt - as per taste ( gojju will have some salt already)
- Peanuts - 2 spoons
- Curry leaves - 2 sprigs
- Mustard seeds - 1 spoon
- Asafoetida - 1 pinch
- Turmeric powder - 1 pinch
- Oil - 3 spoons
- Roast fenugreek, cumin, pepper and sesame seeds , cool , powder and keep aside
- Heat oil in a wok, add mustard let it crackle, add peanuts , roast till golden brown, add curry leaves, turmeric powder and asafoetida powder and switch the stove off.
- Place shyavige in a big mixing bowl or a wide basin
- Add grated dessicated coconut, salt, puliyogare gojju, powder prepared above, and the seasoning. Mix gently but throughly and serve