Posted here is a simple Adhara style gorikayi palya/mirapa tokku. This is easy to make, uses less oil and very tasty.
- ease - easy
- prep[aration time - 15 minutes
- cooking time -15 minutes
- Cluster beans - 200 gms
- Onions - 2 medium sized
- Green chillies - 3 -4
- Curry leaves - 2 sprigs
- Coriander - 3 sprigs
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 spoon
- Grated coconut - 3/4 cup
- Lemon - 1
- Salt - to taste
- Mustard seeds - 3/4 spoon
- Oil - 1 spoon
- Wash. and remove the extreme edges of cluster beans as shown
- Grind all the ingredients, except turmeric and lemon, coarsely without adding water
- Cook the ground ingredients in a pressure cooker without adding water
- Heat oil in a kadai/wok, add musterd seeds, after they crackle add turmeric powder, cooked bean mixture, add salt and saute for 5 minutes.
- Squeeze in a spoon of lemon juice, mix well.
- Serve this tokku with hot steamed rice, chapathi
- Add an extra dollop of ghee/oil if you have no guilt in eating that extra fat. (it enhances taste)
- Chapparada avare kayi (lab lab beans also can be used to prepare this palya.